- Your Local Neighborhood Community
12 Things You Can Do to Help Make Your School a Healthier Place
1. Join the PTA.
2. Attend school board meetings.
3. Review the school lunch menu.
4. Advocate for more recess and physical education.
5. Encourage kids to walk.
6. Make sure your kids are vaccinated.
7. Train your kids to wash their hands frequently.
8. Keep your kids home when they're sick.
9. Start a school garden.
10. Urge schools to serve more Omega-3 rich foods
12. Set a good example.
By encouraging healthier habits at home and working to bring about changes at school, you can help make your child's school a healthier place. And healthy, physically fit kids are not only happier, but they also do better in school.