CSteel6 months ago
Although it's small (1800 year round residents) Dawson City, Yukon in Northern Canada is the most inspiring, engaging, and vibrant community that I have ever lived. Here's why.
1. Yukon School of Visual Arts and the Klondike Institute of Art and Culture are always inspiring places to get involved with. Or make a trip to the Free Store at the local dump. Or get inspired by the great working relationship between the Trondek Hwechin First Nation and the City of Dawson. Or simply by walking down the street and having a conversation with one of the town's many characters.
2. Huge volunteer culture. People exist in this town to help each other out. You can always find another individual or an organization to support your great idea.
3. Great small farmer's market in the summer, along with new artisan market that just started this year. Bonanza Market- great small grocery store. Zoro's Cantina- late night sausages! I could go on...
4. Dawson City Music Festival, Dawson City International Short Film Festival, Yukon Riverside Arts Festival...just to name a few
5. We do like our libations. Pearl Necklace martini from Bombay Peggy's or a Black Label in the Pit Tavern.