Ivelina Mechkarova6 months ago
I would say Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Well, I can't really be very objective (as it is my hometown). And yet I consider it a town with a unique atmosphere and unique combination of architecture and social reality...
1. Otets Paisii str. - great place for small workshops, flower shops, cafeterias, etc.
2. Aliosha monument - my choice is inspired by last night's events... There was quite a change overnight in the monument, as the figure of the soldier "awoke" with red mantel... I suppose this has something to do with the continuous protests against the current government of the state - a socialist one.
3. Local art-shops, a place for young artists to show their talents. Especially in the old district.
4. Every year there is the Night of museums and galleries, The Autumn art salon, the international dance festival...
5. Local drink of choice... That's a hard one. For Bulgaria in general there is the traditional airian, a salty yogurt drink... Good for the summer hot days!