LA12 months ago
There are many, many ways to being a good global citizen. Here are just a few:
* Beautify your community - whether that be a beach or highway clean up, planting a tree, painting a mural, or growing a garden.
* Contribute what you know - teach, mentor, coach, join an open source project, give back.
* Contribute what you can - donate, volunteer, lend a hand, lend your voice.
* Connect with others of different age groups - adopt a senior, babysit, be a mentor to a younger person, call your parents.
* Connect with others of different backgrounds - travel, learn a new language, try different foods, make friends of different cultures.
* Have a smaller footprint - Bike or walk, use less, recycle more, purchase second-hand, repair something, purchase locally produced foods and other products.
* Create art.