attend the Healthy Art Workshop, apresentation by Danielle Siembieda-Gribben on safer practices in the studio
Where Intersection For the Arts, Mission Street,...When 03/09/2013 at 01:00PM
This event is presented in conjunction with Intersection for the Arts’s exhibition By-product Becomes Product, which explores contemporary issues of materials reclamation, resource conservation and recycling.
In this workshop you will get an overview of:
1. Artist Health and Safety overview, new developments in identifying, working with and disposing of toxic materials.
2. Working with woods. How to find and work with woods those are sustainably logged, find sources that are recycled woods, non-toxic MDF board, etc.
3. Eco-Paints, what is out there, what works? What doesnʼt work?
4. Other art-like products including non-tree paper, waxes, adhesives.
5. How to measure electric powered supplies, i.e. computers and machines
Purchase tickets in advance at: http://theartinspector.eventbrite.com/
Want to join in? Save this to your To-dos or mark as Done.