FDA approval for new female condom is a step in STD and AIDS prevention.
"The feminization of HIV at home and abroad requires an expansion of woman-centered prevention options. Women have the fundamental right to protect themselves against HIV infection; let's give them the chance by making female condoms more available and accessible."
Female condoms became a famous underdog of the condom industry. We heard many complaints:
- Too roomy
- Too uncomfortable
- Too complicated to put on
- Too expensive
- Takes away sensation of the encounter
However, there are many advantages in using Female Condom:
- gives woman control of using the condom
- because it is made from polyurethane can be used by people allergic to latex
- gives man with large and XL penis more room
Approval of FC-2 will make a tremendous effect not just in USA prevention program against STD and AIDS, but also overseas.