DOODLE YOUR FAVORITE MEAL SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NO ENTRY FEE.
The “Doodle Your Favorite Meal” Sweepstakes (the “Meal Sweepstakes”) is a two part online promotion which will involve both judging and voting by the public to determine the photo upload Meal Sweepstakes winners. In order to participate in the Meal Sweepstakes, Participants (defined below) must submit a doodle of their favorite meal, (collectively, the “Application”) to GOOD Worldwide, LLC (“GOOD”) in accordance with the terms and conditions specified herein.
1.Eligibility. The Meal Sweepstakes is open to residents of the United States, excluding Puerto Rico, 18 years of age or older as of the beginning of the Meal Sweepstakes Period (defined below). Employees of GOOD and CHOW (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household whether related or not, are not eligible to participate in the Meal Sweepstakes.
2.Photo Sweepstakes Period. The opportunity to participate in the Meal Sweepstakes begins at 9:01 AM PT on July 5, 2011 (the first date/time you can submit an Application) and ends at 11:59 PM PT on July 30, 2011 (the last time you can vote on an Application) (the “Meal Sweepstakes Period”). During the Meal Sweepstakes Period, there will be one (1) Application period during which Applications can be submitted (an “Application Period”), followed by a voting period during which certain Applications submitted during the Application Period and judged to be Finalists (as detailed below) will be voted on (a “Voting Period”) as set forth below.
The Application Period begins at 9:01 AM PT on July 5, 2011 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on July 24, 2011. The Voting Period begins at 9:01 AM PT on July 27, 2011 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on July 30 2011.
3.Prizes. The one (1) prize to be awarded in the Meal Sweepstakes is a Prize Package which will include a smoker, a GOOD t-shirt, and a year-long subscription to GOOD (the “Prize”). The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $150. The total ARV of all prizes to be awarded in the Meal Sweepstakes is $150. The one (1) potential winner (subject to terms and condition herein) of the Prize (the “Winner”) will be announced by GOOD on August 3, 2011 on the Site. The Winner will also be notified via email on or about August 3, 2011 and will be required to respond to this notification within three (3) days or Prize may (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) be forfeited and awarded to an alternate.
4. How To Submit an Application. During the Meal Sweepstakes Period, go to the Site and follow the directions to submit an Application to become a participant in the Meal Sweepstakes (“Participant”). The Application must contain one (1) high resolution doodle in digital image format. To be eligible for consideration for posting to the Site for voting, an Application must (i) be submitted through the Site by the end of the Application Period; and (ii) comply with these Official Rules. Limit two (2) Applications per Participant during the Meal Sweepstakes Period.
All Applications may be reviewed for compliance with these Official Rules; however, such review does not relieve Participant from responsibility for compliance with these Official Rules, and Participant will have sole liability for all third party claims relating to or regarding the content of the Application. Participants and Applications that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion may be disqualified at any time.
5. Application Content Guidelines.
· be in English;
· Submit a doodle
Applications MUST NOT:
- suggest legalization of any illegal drugs/activity, prostitution or pornography or other illegal activities or goods;
- challenge, lobby for or seek to change current laws, enact any new laws or overthrow of any government;
- be inconsistent with these Official Rules;
- suggest or encourage the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity;
- discriminate against, disparage or denigrate on the basis of race; ancestry; place of origin; color; ethnic origin; citizenship; creed; sex; sexual orientation; age; record of offences; marital status; family status; physical or mental disability, language, or any other ground prohibited by local legislation;
- disparage or denigrate a product, service, person, company or organization including, but not limited to the Sweepstakes Entities;
- encourage the cessation of or act to negatively impact a business or enterprise;
- promote alcohol, illegal drugs or activity, tobacco, firearms/weapons, prostitution or pornography;
- contain any profanities, be overtly sexual, suggest an intent to abuse or contain suggestions of violence;
- involve religious advocacy, proselytizing – acts and intentions to advance a religious denomination or expand membership or encourage conversion;
- involve political advocacy – acts and intentions to advance a particular political party, candidate or to support lobbying for any particular party, candidate and/or cause, or to expand membership or to encourage membership for a particular political party, candidate or lobbying effort;
- violate the trademark, copyright, patents or any other intellectual property right of another party;
- feature any third party commercial products and/or company trademarks, logos, brands or endorsements (including but not limited to third party logos on street scenes, panoramic views, vehicle license plates, clothing such as t‑shirts, hats). An Application may contain the name and trademark of an organization to be benefited by the Prize, provided prior permission has been obtained;
- use individuals’ names in whole or in part, without permission; or
- contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements of any person, living or dead without permission. \n
Applications must: (i) be original, of Participant or nominator’s own creation, (ii) not have been entered in any other promotion, including other promotions conducted by Sponsor, and (iii) not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of other parties.
Once submitted, an Application will not be returned. Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, reject, refuse, remove, delete and/or disqualify or disallow any Application that Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant with these Official Rules. If Sponsor, at any time during the Meal Sweepstakes Period, receives a complaint (including but not limited to a cease and desist letter, general letter of complaint, etc.) alleging intellectual property infringement in a Participant’s Application, Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to remove such Application from the Site and disqualify the Application without prior notice to Participant.
6. GOOD Application Selection. After the Application Period, a panel of judges made up of employees of the Sweepstakes Entities (the “Judges”) in their sole and absolute discretion, will select up to 25 (twenty-five) Applications (the ““Meal Sweepstakes Selections”) for posting to the Site for voting (described below). The Applications will be selected based upon doodle and based on originality and creativity of submitted responses. Judges will choose the “Meal Sweepstakes Selections and the “Meal Sweepstakes Selections will be posted to the Site before the start of the Voting Period. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will make the final determination as to which Participants and Applications are accepted and are eligible to take part in this Photo Sweepstakes and be considered for inclusion in the Voting Period, on the Site and/or be eligible to receive a Prize. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select less than 25 (twenty-five) Meal Sweepstakes Selections for posting to the Site.
7.Voting. Individuals who wish to vote for one (1) or more of the Photo Sweepstakes Selections will be required to meet the Eligibility Requirements listed above in Section 1 and will be required to follow the directions on the Site in order to place a vote. If Sponsor determines, in their sole and absolute discretion, that any Participant or voter has not complied with these Official Rules in any way, then Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all of that individual’s Votes and disqualify any Application that such individual has submitted and disallow any further participation by such individual in the Meal Sweepstakes.
8. Winner Selection. Once the Voting Period has ended, the one (1) eligible Participant with the highest number of Votes will be deemed the potential winner (each a potential “Winner”) of a Prize . If there is a tie among the Applications after the Voting Period has ended, Sweepstakes Entities, in their sole and absolute discretion, will review the tied Applications and will break the tie based on the Application that first in time received the highest number of Votes during the Voting Period. It is possible that two (2) or more Participants will submit Applications that may contain the same or similar ideas for a Prize. Notwithstanding this, Winner will be determined solely by the number of Votes cast for each Application as set forth herein. Sweepstakes Entities are under no obligation to review or consider the similarity of other Applications in determining whether or not to accept an Application. Sponsor decisions, in its sole and absolute discretion, are final and binding in all matters relating to the Meal Sweepstakes.
The potential Winner will be required to complete a winner agreement (“Winner Agreement”) prior to being declared an official Winner. No substitution of a Prize is offered, except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. The Prizes are non-transferable or redeemable for cash. Sponsor is not responsible for a lost or stolen Prize.
9. Taxes. There may be some tax implications for the Winner. Sponsor recommends that Participants review their Application with their legal/tax advisor to determine their potential tax liability, if any, in connection with receiving a Prize as part of this Meal Sweepstakes. If there is any tax liability, it will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
10. Grant of Rights to Sponsor. Submission of an Application constitutes Participant’s certification that the Application is Participant’s own original work and Participant represents and warrants that the Application does not and will not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party patents, copyrights or trademarks. By submitting an Application, Participant hereby grants Sponsor and its successors and assigns an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) and transferable license to use, copy, transmit or otherwise distribute, perform, modify, create derivative works based upon, incorporate into other works, publicly perform and display the Application or any portion thereof, in or through any medium, whether now known or hereafter created. Nothing herein will constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor. Participant also irrevocably grants Sponsor, where not prohibited by law, an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to the right to use Participant’s name, voice, likeness and biographical material, in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or any other commercial or non-commercial purpose related to the Application and/or Meal Sweepstakes or in any other way Sponsor deems appropriate. Participant acknowledges that they have no right of approval or consultation with respect to Sponsor's use of the Application.
APPLICATIONS POSTED TO THE SITE ARE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE RESPECTIVE PARTICIPANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation in favor of Participants.
11. Winner Agreement. The form and substance of the Winner Agreement will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, and will require that the Winner certify that his or her Application is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Upon email notification that they are the Winner, the winning Participant will provide Sponsor with his or her address and any other information requested within three (3) days of receipt. The Winner will complete, execute and return the Winner Agreement within fourteen (14) days of receipt. The Winner Agreement will be mailed to the address provided by the Participant upon email notification that they are the Winner. If the Winner Agreement and any required documents are not returned within the required period, or if any mail is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable mail without a forwarding address, or if Winner does not respond to the email notification in a timely period (as determined by Sponsor), the Prize may be forfeited in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, and Sponsor will not have any further responsibility to Participant in connection with this Meal Sweepstakes.
If the Winner is unwilling or unable to execute the Prize Agreement, Sponsor will void the Winner’s eligibility as a Winner, and Sponsor will not have any further obligation to the Winner or to otherwise award the Prize. If the Winner is unwilling or unable to provide the items set forth in the Winner Agreement, the Prize will be not provided to the Winner and Sponsor will not have any further obligation to the Winner.
12. General Conditions. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Application, the Application will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the Application. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. It is the sole responsibility of the Participant to notify Sponsor in writing if the Participant changes his or her e-mail or postal address during the Meal Sweepstakes Period.
By entering the Meal Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Meal Sweepstakes is offered by Sponsor, which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable Applications, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of Applications; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
By entering the Meal Sweepstakes, You further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, shareholders, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Meal Sweepstakes, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Meal Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a Prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsors control that may cause the Meal Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, or from participation in the Meal Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Meal Sweepstakes. Winner agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the Meal Sweepstakes are final.
In no event will SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the MEAL SWEEPSTAKES, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
All Applications become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of the Prize. The Winner will receive the Prize via USPS sent to the Winner’s address provided when the Winner submitted the Application.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Meal Sweepstakes in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Meal Sweepstakes are compromised, without liability to the Participant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant or Winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. The Meal Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Meal Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Meal Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that you have read these Official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Meal Sweepstakes. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, excluding rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Meal Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal or state courts located in Los Angeles County, California.
13. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For the name of the winner or official rules , send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor and indicate which you are requesting.
14. SPONSOR: GOOD, 915 N. Citrus Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90038.
15. SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES: GOOD and CHOW, a division of CBS Interactive, Inc., 235 2nd St., San Francisco, CA 94105.
CHOW is not the Sponsor of the Sweepstakes and other than as specified in the rules has no connection with the Sweepstakes.