The Connors family, two coupes from the United Kingdom, one with a three-month old baby and the other with twin two-year-olds, were on vacation in Canada when the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) turned their holiday into a 12-plus day-long nightmare.
On October 3, the family was driving near the U.S.-Canada border in British Columbia when an animal veered into the road, forcing them to make an unexpected detour.
The family accidentally crossed into the United States where they were detained by ICE officials in what would become "the scariest experience of our lives," according to a complaint filed with the inspector general of the Department of Homeland Security.
- British holidaymakers 'traumatised' after arrest at US border - BBC ... ›
- British family detained more than a week after accidentally crossing ... ›
- British family detained after making wrong turn on vacation in ... ›
- British family detained in Berks County Pa. by ICE - WHYY ›
- British Family on Vacation Detained by ICE After Driving Over U.S. ... ›
- ICE detains vacationing British family after accidental U.S. border ... ›