For over 20 years, our country has perceived itself as more divided than united, and it's not getting better. Right after the 2016 election, a poll conducted by Gallup found that 77% of Americans felt the country was divided on the most important values, a record high.
The percentage of Americans who agree that we disagree got higher. During the 2018 mid-term elections, a poll conducted by NBC News/Wall Street Journal found that 80% of Americans felt the nation was "mainly" or "totally" divided.
We head into the 2020 presidential election more divided than ever. A new poll from USA Today found that nine out of ten respondents felt it was important to do something about the conflict in our country. We can't keep on living like this forever.
- Poll: Most Americans See Sharply Divided Nation | Voice of America ... ›
- Americans sharply divided over whether to impeach and remove ... ›
- Americans are divided over everything except division ›
- Study: Americans more divided along party lines than ever - POLITICO ›
- AP-NORC Poll: Most Americans see a sharply divided nation ›
- Record-High 77% of Americans Perceive Nation as Divided ›
- Poll: Most Americans Think Country is Divided, Have Unfavorable ... ›
- Americans Feel Divided On Core Values | Monmouth University ... ›