A state of emergency has been declared in Samoa, an island with a population just below 200,000 in the South Pacific, after a measles outbreak has infected over 4800 people and killed over 70, mostly young children.
At the time of the outbreak only 31% of the island's population was vaccinated.
- Anti-Vaxxer Arrested As Samoa Executes Mass-Vaccination ... ›
- Samoa Arrests Anti-Vaccination Activist As Measles Death Toll Rises ›
- Anti-vaxxer arrested in Samoa as measles outbreak claims over 60 ... ›
- Samoa arrests anti-vaxxer as immunisation drive continues | News ... ›
- Samoa arrests anti-vaccine activist as it combats deadly measles ... ›
- Samoa arrests vaccination critic amid deadly measles crisis - BBC ... ›