The Anti-Vaxxer movement is a growing health crisis in the United States. Their belief that vaccines are dangerous and cause autism, have led to a comeback of dangerous diseases such as measles, tuberculosis, and mumps.
Measles was thought to be eradicated in the US back in 2000 but there were over 1200 cases in 2019.
"The reason measles is coming back is that a critical number of parents have chosen not to vaccinate their children,'' said Paul Offit, director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, told USA Today.
- New Jersey bill to restrict vaccine exemptions faces hundreds of anti ... ›
- Religious Objections to the Measles Vaccine? Get the Shots, Faith ... ›
- Some anti-vaccination parents cite religious exemptions. Measles ... ›
- Religious exception for vaccination or religious excuses for avoiding ... ›
- Anti-vaxxers blamed as record 25,000 Florida students claim ... ›
- Vaccination and religion - Wikipedia ›
- Religion and vaccine refusal are linked. We have to talk about it. - Vox ›
- Anti-vaxxers may be exploiting widespread religious exemptions ... ›