They were 100% wrong.
Anne Lamott once put it perfectly when she wrote, "You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do."
When it comes to Christianity, some practitioners believe that the words of Jesus Christ help them to be welcoming of people regardless of their race or sexuality. While others use the Bible to validate their own prejudices.
- Mississippi event hall refuses to host interracial couple's wedding ... ›
- Mississippi venue refuses interracial pair over owner's Christian faith ... ›
- Mississippi Wedding Venue Cited “Our Christian Race” as Excuse ... ›
- Mississippi event hall owners refused interracial couple's wedding ... ›
- Mississippi venue apologizes for turning down interracial wedding ... ›
- Mississippi wedding venue turns away interracial couple, saying it ... ›
- Mississippi event venue refuses to host interracial, LGBTQ weddings ... ›
- Citing 'Christian Belief,' Mississippi Event Hall Refuses Service To ... ›
- Mississippi wedding venue cites 'Christian belief' in rejecting ... ›
- Mississippi wedding venue apologizes after rejecting interracial ... ›