Seventeen-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg made a dramatic speech Tuesday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
In her address, she called for a public and private sector divestment from fossil fuel companies
"Immediately end all fossil fuel subsidies and immediately and completely divest from fossil fuels. We don't want these things done by 2050, or 2030 or even 2021 — we want this done now," she said.
U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin mocked the teenager on Thursday during a press briefing in Davos.
- Steve Mnuchin to Greta Thunberg: Get an economics degree, then talk ›
- Steven Mnuchin said Greta Thunberg needed to study economics ... ›
- Mnuchin says Greta Thunberg can explain US economic policy after ... ›
- Steve Mnuchin says Greta Thunberg can criticize 'after she studies ... ›
- Davos 2020: Mnuchin says Greta Thunberg, should study ... ›
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin slams Greta Thunberg at Davos ›
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin Takes Jab at Greta Thunberg at ... ›