In a move that feels like the subject line of a spam email or the premise of a bad '80s movie, online shopping mogul Yusaku Maezawa is giving away money as a social experiment.
Maezawa will give ￥1 million yen ($9,130) to 1,000 followers who retweeted his January 1st post announcing the giveaway. The deadline to retweet was Tuesday, January 7.
- Another New Year cash giveaway hinted at by former Zozotown ... ›
- SpaceX moon tourist earns retweet record with $900K giveaway ... ›
- The most retweeted tweet ever is a billionaire's giveaway of free ... ›
- Yusaku Maezawa's US$920,000 giveaway is the most shared tweet ... ›
- Japan billionaire Yusaku Maezawa says 'free cash' tweet is the most ... ›
- Zozotown CEO Yusaku Maezawa has the most retweeted tweet of ... ›
- Japanese Billionaire Yusaku Maezawa to Give Away 9 Million ... ›
- Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa to give away $9 million on ... ›