It's National Tell a Joke Day and Twitter delivered with hundreds of the corniest dad jokes ever told
National Tell a Joke Day dates back to 1944 when President Franklin Delano Roosevelt was having a meeting with Vice-President, Henry Wallace. The two men were tired and depressed due to the stress caused by leading a country through world war.
During a lull in the meeting, Wallace said, "Frank, to cheer you up I have a joke I'd like to share."
"Let's have it, Henry," Roosevelt replied while ashing his cigarette.
"Why did the chicken cross the road?" Wallace asked. "Not sure," Roosevelt replied.
"To get to the other side," Wallace responded.
Roosevelt laughed so hard that the bourbon he was drinking sprayed out of his nose and onto the floor of the oval office.
- The Standardized Test Monopoly That Secretly Runs America's High ... ›
- Chat History Remembering a Relationship, One Chat at a Time ... ›
- New Dominionists: Meet the Christian Couple Behind the Right's ... ›
- I Tried Live Blood Analysis - GOOD ›
- 12 Times Leslie Knope Totally Nailed Being a Feminist - GOOD ›
- Welcome to Los Angeles - GOOD ›
- 11 Science Instagram Accounts You Should Follow For The Science ... ›
- The 51 Best* Magazines Ever | GOOD ›
- The New Nostradamus - GOOD ›
- Kathy Griffin Defended Michelle Wolf's Correspondents' Dinner ... ›
- Tell A Joke Day (Every August 16th) | Days Of The Year ›
- It's National Tell a Joke Day! Read the Bham Now team's favorite ... ›
- 28 jokes to celebrate National Tell A Joke Day The Poke ›
- National Tell A Joke Day: 20 gags that are bad but brilliant | indy100 ›
- Eight 'dad jokes' that will make you laugh (or cringe) on National Tell ... ›
- National Tell A Joke Day ›
- 25 Bad Jokes From National Tell A Joke Day ›
- National Tell a Joke Day and Tell an Old Joke Day, at Holiday Insights ›
- Funny Jokes to Celebrate National Tell a Joke Day | Reader's Digest ›
- NATIONAL TELL A JOKE DAY - August 16 - National Day Calendar ›