The final episode of "The Sopranos" made a lot of people angry because it ends with mob boss Tony Soprano and his family eating at an ice cream parlor while "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey plays in the background … and then, suddenly, the screen turns black.
Some thought the ending was a dirty trick, while others saw it as a stroke of brilliance. A popular theory is that Tony gets shot, but doesn't know it because, as his brother-in-law Bobby Baccala said, "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?"
So the show gives us all an idea of what it's like to die. We're here and then we're not.
- What It's Like to Learn You're Going to Die - The Atlantic ›
- When you die you know you are dead: Major study shows mind still ... ›
- Inside the World of Investigators Who Know You've Faked Your Death ›
- Does Your Brain Know When You're Dead? ›
- When you die 'you know you're dead because your brain keeps ... ›
- After you die, your brain knows you're dead, terrifying study reveals ›