This election cycle, six women threw their hat in the ring for president, but is their gender holding them back? Would Americans feel comfortable with a woman leading the free world? Based on the last election, the answer is a swift no. And a new study backs this up. The study found that only 49% of American men would feel very comfortable with a woman serving as the head of the government. By comparison, 59% of women said they would feel comfortable with a woman in charge.
The Reykjavik Index for Leadership, which measures attitude towards women leaders, evaluated the attitudes of those living in the G7 countries as well as Brazil, China, India, and Russia. 22,000 adults in those 11 countries were surveyed on their attitudes about female leadership in 22 different sectors, including government, fashion, technology, media, banking and finance, education, and childcare.
Only two countries, Canada and the U.K., had a majority of respondents say they would be more comfortable with a female head of state. Germany (which currently has a female Chancellor), Japan, and Russia were the countries least comfortable with a female head of state.
- How to Make Public Transportation Safer on a Shoestring Budget ... ›
- Woman goes viral after sharing delivery guy's insanely creepy texts ... ›
- Women Are Missing In Sport Leadership, And It's Time That Changed ›
- 'The Assassination of Gianni Versace' Is Subversively Brilliant - GOOD ›
- Man Uses Hidden Camera to Test Target's New Bathroom Policy ... ›
- A Single Man: One Chinese Bachelor's Search for Love - GOOD ›
- After a Dad's baby photo went viral, Pampers steps up to install ... ›
- Sarah Cooper Turned Her Experience In The Tech World Into ... ›
- Marijuana legalization – a rare issue where women are more ... ›
- Barack Obama and Steph Curry have some great advice about ... ›
- 'very comfortable' with a woman as president ›
- 52% of Americans Would Be 'Very Comfortable' with Woman President ›
- Americans Say They Would Vote For A Woman, But ... ›
- The Real Reason Why We've Never Had A Female President ›
- Changing Views on a Female President - The New York Times ›
- Female CEO? Many countries OK with that. Female president? Not ... ›
- Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris Are Being Held Back by Sexist ... ›
- Are men uncomfortable with the idea of a female president? - CBS ... ›
- 52% of Americans would feel "very comfortable" with a female ... ›
- Almost Half Of Men In The U.S. Are Uncomfortable With A Female ... ›