Since the Hate Crime Statistics Act was passed in 1990, the attorney general is required to gather data on hate crimes. The rise and fall and rise again in the amount of hate crimes can tell us a lot about where we are as a nation, and it's not pretty. According to the FBI, the two worst months for hate crimes in the past decade were November 2016, when the presidential election took place, and October 2018, the month before the midterm election. The months following September 11th have the highest amount of hate crimes on record.
- FBI stats on hate crimes are scary. So is what's missing (opinion ... ›
- Hate crimes in America spiked 17 percent last year, FBI says ›
- New FBI Statistics Show Increase in Reported Hate Crimes | Human ... ›
- Explaining the numbers behind the rise in reported hate crimes ... ›
- Hate-Crime Violence Hits 16-Year High, F.B.I. Reports - The New ... ›
- Hate Crime — FBI ›
- Hate Crime Statistics | HATECRIMES | Department of Justice ›