Many Muslim women wear modest attire, yet their needs aren't always catered to when it comes to the world of athletics. The lack of swimwear options is such a problem that "a lot of Muslim girls never learn how to swim," Olympic medalist Ibtihaj Muhammad told the New Yorker. Now, Nike has launched a new modest swimwear line specifically with the needs of those women in mind.
The Nike Victory Swim Collection comes from listening to athletes from diverse communities. They found a lack of options for female athletes, specifically when it came to swimwear. Many female athletes felt that most modest swimwear options leave them feeling weighted down or wondering if their hijabs would stay in place while swimming.
- Nike launches first ever hijab for female swimmers | The Independent ›
- Nike launches modest swim range – including swim hijab | Metro ... ›
- Nike launches its first range of modest swimwear complete with hijab ›
- New Nike swimwear line includes swim hijab ›
- Nike releases new 'Pro Hijab' as demand for modest fashion increases ›
- Nike's New Swim Collection Includes a Hijab ›
- Nike Is Launching Modest Swimsuits ›
- Nike releases new 'Pro Hijab' by popular demand ›
- Nike's modest swimwear courts a growing Muslim clothing market ... ›
- Nike Pro Hijab. Nike.com ›
- Nike's Victory Swim is modest swimwear for Muslim women ›
- Nike Takes the Plunge Into Modest Swimwear | The New Yorker ›
- Nike Victory Swim Collection Official Images and Release Date ... ›