But some restrictions on ESAs don't fly with the Department of Transportation (DOT), leading them to crack down on the crack down.
Delta says that there has been an 84 percent increase in animal incidents since 2016, thanks in part to the increase of ESAs on airplanes. Last year, Delta airlines banned pit bulls and pit bull-related dog breeds after two airline staff were bitten by the breed while boarding a flight from Atlanta to Tokyo.
"We must err on the side of safety. Most recently, two Delta employees were bit by a pit bull traveling as a support animal last week. We struggled with the decision to expand the ban to service animals, knowing that some customers have legitimate needs, but we have determined that untrained, pit bull-type dogs posing as both service and support animals are a potential safety risk," Delta told People regarding the new rule.
- Delta is banning pit bulls from flying and customer are angry ... ›
- Delta Just Banned "Pit Bull Type" Dogs As Service And Support ... ›
- Delta Air Lines pit bull ban: Expert weighs in on controversial decision ›
- Man mauled by dog on Delta flight couldn't escape, says attorney ›
- Pit bull fans bark back at Delta Air Lines' ban on the breed - Los ... ›
- Flying with Service Animals & Emotional Support Animals : Delta Air ... ›
- Delta is banning pit bull service dogs. That might not be legal. - The ... ›
- Delta Pet Policy : Flying with Dogs, Cats & More : Delta Air Lines ›
- Delta's ban on all 'pit bull type' service dogs has unexpected ... ›
- Delta Air Lines Bans Pitbulls As Emotional Support Animal ... ›