He tried to blackmail the president of Ukraine.
Around 300 former national security officials, diplomats, and ex-White House staff have signed a letter that says President Trump committed "an unconscionable abuse of power" when he attempted to blackmail the president of Ukraine.
On Wednesday, notes from a phone conversation between the two leaders were released to the public and they were disturbing to say the least. During the call, Trump asked Zelensky to investigate his presumed political opponent in the 2020 election, Joe Biden, in exchange for $400 in military aid.
- National Security Letters - EPIC ›
- Nearly 300 former US officials sign statement backing Trump ... ›
- Around 300 former national security officials and ex-White House ... ›
- National Security Action — More Than 300 National Security ... ›
- Trump's Ukraine call: Over 300 former national security ... ›
- 300+ former national security officials condemn Trump-Ukraine actions ›
- More than 300 ex-officials say Trump's Ukraine actions are 'profound ... ›