Some of the final words heard in the Capitol building last Wednesday before insurgents took over were from Senator Ted Cruz of Texas. He used his time before the certification of the 2020 election to further peddle the conspiracy theory that it was stolen from President Trump.
His words rang out just an hour before an angry mob broke into the chamber. Luckily, Congress was able to flee the building just moments before the insurgents arrived.
"Recent polling shows that 39 percent of Americans believe the election that just occurred, quote, was rigged," Cruz said. "You may not agree with that assessment. But it is nonetheless a reality for nearly half the country."
- This mild-mannered senator couldn't take anymore of Ted Cruz's ... ›
- The 10 Most Awkward Moments Of Ted Cruz's Presidential Campaign ›
- John Boehner Calls Ted Cruz 'Lucifer In The Flesh' - GOOD ›
- Ted Cruz tried to cozy up to AOC and she responded with a rejection for the history books - GOOD ›
- While millions of Texans are freezing and without power, Ted Cruz got caught fleeing to Cancun - GOOD ›