The old saying goes something like, "Possessions don't make you happy." A more dire version is, "What you own, ends up owning you."
Are these old adages true or just the empty words of ancient party-poopers challenging you not to buy an iPhone 11? According to a new study of 968 young adults by the University of Arizona, being materialistic only brings us misery.
The study examined how engaging in pro-environmental behaviors affects the well-being of millenials. The study found two ways in which they modify their behaviors to help the environment: they either reduce what they consume or purchase green items.
- The Secret to Happiness? Spend Money on Experiences, Not Things ›
- Why Materialism Makes You Miserable (And What To Do About It) ›
- Best Analysis: Money and Materialism in The Great Gatsby ›
- materialism | For a state of happiness ›
- Materialism=Happiness? | Psychology Today ›
- This psychologist's impressive presentation shows how materialism ... ›
- Does Being Materialistic Reduce Your Happiness? - Kulraj ›
- 7 Reasons Why Materialistic Stuff Doesn't Lead To Happiness ›
- The Psychology Of Materialism, And Why It's Making You Unhappy ... ›