The healthcare systems in the United States and the United Kingdom couldn't be more different.
The UK's National Health Service is the largest government-run healthcare system in the world and the US's is largest private sector system.
Almost all essential health services in the UK are free, whereas in America cost can vary wildly based on insurance, co pays and what the hospitals and physicians choose to charge.
- How does UK healthcare spending compare internationally? - Office ... ›
- Report: U.S. Spends More Per Person On Health Care Than Any ... ›
- Here's what Americans need to know about the UK's health system ... ›
- How does health spending in the U.S. compare to other countries ... ›
- The real reason medical care costs so much more in the US ›
- How do healthcare prices and use in the U.S. compare to other ... ›
- Reality Check: Does UK spend half as much on health as US ... ›