It's 11:40 am and sunny in Los Angeles, California, not a cloud in the sky and the temperature just hit 65° F. One could say it's the type of weather that inspired The Mamas and the Papas to sing about "California dreaming on such a winter's day."
Looking south to Antarctica, it was another warm one, with the temperature also hitting 65° F, making it the warmest day ever recorded on the continent. The temperature was measured at Argentina's Esperanza research station at its northern tip, CNN reported.
- Highest Recorded Temperatures In Antarctica Announced And They ... ›
- New Record-High Temperatures in Antarctica Are Giving Us Serious ... ›
- Antarctica just hit 65 degrees, its warmest temperature ever recorded ›
- Antarctica hits record high temperature at balmy 63.5°F - Reuters ›
- Temperature in Antarctica touches record high of more than 18C ... ›
- Climate of Antarctica - Wikipedia ›