The presidential Medal of Freedom was established by John F. Kennedy in 1963 as the highest civilian award in the United States.
It is bestowed by the president of the United States to those who have made "an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors."
The 600-plus people who have received this award are among the greatest performers, humanitarians, and athletes who ever lived.
- Rush Limbaugh awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom during ... ›
- Trump says he will award Rush Limbaugh with Medal of Freedom ... ›
- Melania Trump Awards Rush Limbaugh Presidential Medal Of ... ›
- Rush Limbaugh awarded Medal of Freedom at State of the Union ... ›
- Why did Trump give Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh during ... ›
- Rush Limbaugh awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom at State of ... ›
- Trump to award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh ... ›
- Rush Limbaugh Awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom at State of ... ›