Laughter is the only way to cope with the dumbest move by a president in U.S. history.
There have been a lot of disastrous decisions made by U.S. presidents throughout our country's 243-year history. The Iraq War, Bay of Pigs Invasion, and Benjamin Harrison's protective trade policy that led to the Panic of 1893, first come to mind.
Most of these decisions came knowing there was risk involved, so it'd be wrong to label them dumb — poorly-executed or -thought through would probably be a better way to frame them.
However, on Wednesday September 4, 2019, the world was treated to what has to be the dumbest moment by a president in U.S. history. Donald Trump took a sharpie and altered a map that had the projected path of a deadly hurricane on it, just so he wouldn't lose face over an incorrect tweet.
- Trump roasted for altered Hurricane Dorian map ›
- Twitter trolls Trump with #SharpieGate after edited Hurricane Dorian ... ›
- Trump Shows Fake Hurricane Dorian Map With Alabama Marked In ... ›
- Trump Gets Roasted for Hurricane Dorian Map With Plenty of ... ›
- #Sharpiegate Trends as People Mock Trump For Showing ... ›
- Sharpie-gate? President Trump's alternate hurricane map ›
- Trump appears to show Sharpie-altered hurricane map - YouTube ›
- From Sharpie-d Trump hurricane map, Internet memes are born ›