15 beautiful illustrations perfectly capture how it feels to be in love.
You know the feeling you get when you catch your sweetheart looking at you in a way that lets you know just how much they love you?
It feels nice, doesn’t it? That’s the sentiment Korean artist Puuung wants to capture with her heartwarming “Love is...” series.
Love is a raw, sometimes nonsensical, all-encompassing emotion, and being in a relationship is a beautiful extension of that. These illustrations highlight some of the things we experience but tend not to notice while being part of a couple.
Puuung believes love manifests itself in all sorts of ways that we can easily overlook in our daily lives.
Whether it’s a warm look, a simple hug, or a comforting kiss on the forehead, these drawings remind us to notice the everyday, small gestures from our significant others.
Click the slideshow above to see 15 of her delightful drawings that celebrate the small gestures that make being in love so special.
This may be the first holiday commercial of the year, but you probably won’t see one more touching. It celebrates the life and career of Elton John.
This 27 year-old died of cancer, but her final advice still has the internet in tears. Each day is a gift, not a given right.
After being abandoned in a crack house, this pit bull became an honorary member of the FDNY. The dog was holding on for dear life when rescuers found her.
This nurse drove through a wall of fire to save his patients during the deadliest blaze in California history. He turned up the radio in his truck and prepared to be burned alive.
Lady Gaga opens up about the steps she took to overcome mental illness. She created her stage persona to become a stronger person.
1. Gestures like making sure your boo is warm and cozy when it's time for bed.
2. Or making memories by getting crafty together.
3. Rocking out to music as you unapologetically go for that high note.
4. Sweet hugs that make your heart flutter. Every. Single. Time.
5. Napping on the couch together is one of the best things ever.
6. Hopelessly remaining on each other's mind when you're not in the same place.
7. There's never a bad time for a nice cuddle.
8. A sweet kiss on the forehead speaks volumes. Am I right?
9. Finding lovely ways to surprise each other.
10. Few things are sweeter than dancing like nobody's watching (music optional).
11. How about giving your kitty a bath? What a fun (and messy) bonding experience.
12. Tying your shoe for you? Now that's amoré!
13. Sharing is caring — particularly with the one you love.
14. Sharing a homemade meal cooked with love.
15. And — perhaps more importantly — being there for each other through times of joy and times of sorrow.