Which High School Kids Will Obama Brainwash This Year?
The Commander in Chief will give the commencement speech to one of these six high schools.
High school graduations are just around the corner. Thanks to the Race to the Top Commencement Challenge, for the second year in a row, one outstanding (and lucky) public school will host the Commander in Chief as its commencement speaker. Hundreds of schools across the country entered by answering essay questions and providing data showing how they're "promoting college and career readiness for all students while establishing a culture of student success and academic excellence." Today the White House announced the six finalists:
- Bridgeport High School (Bridgeport, Washington)
- Wayne Early Middle College High School (Goldsboro, North Carolina)
- Booker T. Washington High School (Memphis, Tennessee)
- Science Park High School (Newark, New Jersey)
- Pittsburgh CAPA 6-12, School for Creative and Performing Arts (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- High Tech High School International (San Diego, California) \n
In the video above, White House staffers call the schools to congratulate them—the reaction from the principal of Booker T. Washington is especially adorable. The finalists will soon be featured on WhiteHouse.gov, where the public can go vote for their favorite. The President will make his final selection from among the top three vote-getters. To all the finalists, we say congratulations and good luck!