The role of women in the workplace has been slowly evolving over the past 60 years. However, in the U.S. and around the globe, much progress remains incomplete in the quest toward equal opportunity and the eradication of sexism in our work, politics and culture. Consider a few glaring examples: Women still earn less than men for the same work, even the U.S. Women's Soccer Team made national headlines this year in their efforts to receive equal pay to their male counterparts. And in politics, more than half of men say they are still "uncomfortable" with the idea of being governed by an elected, female leader.
In some ways, it's a fascinating psychological question: Do men hold onto antiquated and outright sexist ideas because our cultural institutions lack true equality, or do those powerfully lingering sexist ideas maintain the gap in gender inequality at home and abroad?
Regardless of who or what is to blame, these antiquated ideas remain powerfully entrenched.
- 'I, Tonya' Takes On The Media's Messy Relationship With Female ... ›
- video ›
- Men Get Raises For Being Dads While Women Suffer Wage ... ›
- Where the Girls Aren't: Geena Davis Aims to Smash Stereotypes in ... ›
- GOOD Talks: Lawrence Lessig on Money and Political Corruption ... ›
- In Spite Of 'Wonder Woman' Success, Comics Are Still Plagued By ... ›
- Why A Woman Should Definitely Pay On The First Date - GOOD ›
- Why A Woman Should Definitely Pay On The First Date | GOOD Money ›
- How Women in Afghanistan are Challenging Gender Roles with Bikes ›
- What If Gender Roles In Advertising Were Reversed? - GOOD ›
- How work, gender norms, and money shape the risk of divorce ... ›
- Power, love and money: lessons on gender roles from Shakespeare ... ›
- Men With Muscles and Money Are More Attractive to Straight ... ›
- Imprinting and the Establishment of Gender Role | Archives of ... ›
- Confidence, Culture, Gender Roles around Money - YouTube ›
- John William Money, 84, Sexual Identity Researcher, Dies - The ... ›
- Living Apart Together and Money: New Partnerships, Traditional ... ›
- When She Earns More: As Roles Shift, Old Ideas on Who Pays the ... ›
- Who pays? With money matters, traditional gender roles stick ... ›
- John Money - Wikipedia ›