America's 100 Greenest Colleges and Universities
The Sierra Club's Sierra Magazine just unveiled its list of the 100 greenest colleges and universities as part of the magazine's fourth annual "Cool Schools" issue. The top 20 have write-ups; here's a look at the top 10:
- 1. Green Mountain College, Poultney, Vermont
- 2. Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- 3. Evergreen State College, Olympia, Washington
- 4. University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- 5. Stanford University, Stanford, California
- 6. University of California, Irvine
- 7. Northland College, Ashland, Wisconson
- 8. Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- 9. College of the Atlantic, Bar Harbor, Maine
- 10. Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts
You can see a complete rundown of how 162 schools rate in terms of energy supply, efficiency, food, academics, transportation, and other categories here.
Did your alma mater make the cut?