If you've ever wanted to turn your bedroom into a movie theater, you're in luck. Italian architect Fabio Vinella collaborated with furniture brand Hi-Interiors to create a "second generation smart-bed." The bed has a place for you to sleep, yes, but it also has a 70-inch theater screen, a built-in sound system, and invisible speakers. It's perfect for anyone who's really into the whole "Netflix and chill" thing.
The bed itself looks like something out of a Stanley Kubrick movie. It resembles a sleek, modern four-poster bed, but it has a giant screen at the foot. "The design of the HiCan and the new HiBed is a contemporary cocoon equipped with state-of-the-art technology for wellness, entertainment, and health monitoring that syncs seamlessly with your smart device," design firm Hi-Interiors said in a press release.
The Hi-Bed goes above and beyond your everyday tempur pedic. The fact that your bed is also your TV is the least of this bed's high-tech features. The voice-controlled bed also comes with dimmable lighting and motorized blackout curtains, allowing you to control the amount of light that enters into your sleep and/or TV watching experience.
RELATED: A blind inventor created a 'smart cane' with Google Maps to help visually-impaired people get around
There's also an adjustable base, but you don't have to adjust your bed to your preferences. The bed will use monitors to adjust itself to you, including your temperature preferences. If it's too hot, your bed will cool you down. When you wake up, you'll be greeted by the bed's "personalized concierge service" that provides weather updates and traffic information. Yes, it has Wi-Fi, too. Imagine hearing company ask, "What's the Wi-Fi password for your bed?"
If you're worried your bed will encourage you to live a sedentary lifestyle where you slowly become one with the bed, don't lose any sleep over it. The bed has got you covered; it has biometric monitors that can keep track of your weight.
"We dream of a world in which our living space will listen to us more and more and will be the key to our well-being, becoming our next and ultimate walk-in smart device," Hi-Interiors founders Ivan and Gianni Tallarico said in a press release.
The bed of the future is not yet available today. It's on preorder right now and will be available next year. The bed is going for $13,800, because this ain't Ikea. If you've always wanted to sleep in a bed that you never have to leave, it might be worth the splurge.
- How I Made Sleep a Priority—And Got More Productive - GOOD ›
- A Mechanical Engineer Invented Super-Powered Underwear That ... ›
- Surprising Ways to Get a Better Night's Sleep - GOOD ›
- Smart Growth for All: Affordable Housing Near Public Transit ›
- Will This Be the Hospital of the Future? - GOOD ›
- GOOD Books for Summer: Five Not-Too-Trashy Beach Reads ... ›
- Can Technology Solve Our National Sleep Crisis? - GOOD ›
- Interior Design That Improves Well-Being for You and Your Pet ... ›
- What If the Notorious B.I.G. Hadn't Dropped Out of High School ... ›
- How Smart Swimsuits Can Help Prevent Your Next Sunburn - GOOD ›
- ReST Smart Bed Technology- The World's First Smart Mattress ›
- The best smart bed could be the one you already own - CNET ›
- Sleep Number's new 360 smart bed automatically adjusts to your ... ›
- Compare & Save up to $4228 versus Sleep Number 360 Smart Beds ›
- What Is a Smart Bed? ›
- SLEEP NUMBER 360® i10 SMART BED ›
- Best Smart Bed and Smart Mattress Products | SleepGadgets.io ›
- Experience the Best Mattress - Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed ›
- The Original Smart Bed (1st Gen) | Eight Sleep ›
- Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed – Smart & Effortless Comfort | Sleep ... ›