Winners: Revive Your Leftovers
The Revive Your Leftovers project has two winners!
Things are easier said than done, or so the old adage goes, and we couldn't agree more. That's why we do The GOOD 30-Day Challenge (#30DaysofGOOD), a monthly attempt to live better. Our challenge for July? Waste less.
You read correctly. The Revive Your Leftovers project has two winners! We received fantastic submissions, some so delicious we wanted to make them from scratch and a couple that, well, made us appreciate your creativity. The two winning recipes are versatile and easy to use with whatever ingredients you have on hand. Toss them all on store-bought or homemade dough as Debbie Sharratt does and you have a a tasty recycled pizza. Or add fresh vegetables and herbs to last night's leftovers like Mariela Alvarez and you'll give your dish fresh new flavor. We hope these recipes will help you make use of all the food in your kitchen.
Debbie and Mariela will each receive a TerraCycle tote bag filled TerraCycle speakers, a picture frame, and coasters and a GOOD T-shirt. Congratulations!
Debbie's Leftover Grilled Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Pizza
1. Start with TJ's whole wheat pizza dough.
2. Put the dough on well-floured surface to rest and come to room temperature.
3. While dough is resting, slice up some mozzarella (enough to cover the pizza) and some leftover grilled chicken and roast vegetables.
3. Preheat oven to 450 (with pizza pan inside so that dough starts cooking immediately upon enterring oven).
4. While oven is preheating, knead the dough to desired thickness (about a 12" pie).
5. Load pizza with mozzarella, chicken, and vegetables.
6. Bake in oven at 450 for 10 minutes or until you can't stand waiting any longer.
Mariela's Risotto Recycle
For this risotto recycle I added the fresh ingredients I did not have at had the night before. Something as simple as adding some brussels sprouts and cilantro transform the taste and brightens the dish immediately.
What you need:
-Last night’s risotto (we had about 2 servings left)
-Handfull of Cilantro
-½ cup of peas
Place left over risotto in a pan, add ½ cup of vegetable broth or water. Stir. Add brussels sprouts. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes on low heat, or until hot. Open occasionally to stir. Once hot add the cilantro and peas. Cook for a couple more minutes, and serve. Fresh new meal from leftovers in less than twenty minutes!