LAPD Officer Deon Joseph shares the truth about how to handle the homelessness crisis
In 2015, the American Enterprise Institute — a conservative think tank that researches government, politics, economics, and social welfare — hosted a panel discussion to explore the challenges and possible solutions of homelessness on the street. One speaker on the panel was law enforcement consultant and LAPD officer of over 24 years, Deon Joseph.
Joseph, who spent 22 of his years on the force in downtown Los Angeles' Skid Row Community, discussed his experiences and what he believes the best approach is to help the homeless population, including how society can take better care of the mentally ill. Check out his impassioned discussion, below.
How we can help people off Skid Row: Lessons from LAPD Officer Deon Joseph
- LAPD Officer Deon Joseph Speaks about Public Feedings on Skid ... ›
- Skid Row Tour with “Angel Cop” Deon Joseph | Rotary Club of ... ›
- 22 Years in the 'Asylum Without Walls' | News | ladowntownnews.com ›
- How we can help people off Skid Row: Lessons from LAPD Officer ... ›
- Officer Deon Joseph on the "Heartbreaking" Job of Policing Skid ... ›
- For LAPD Cop Working Skid Row, 'There's Always Hope' : NPR ›
- Officer finds calling on Skid Row - CNN ›
- LAPD cracks down on use of homeless people for ballot initiative ... ›
- On patrol with Skid Row's 'angel cop' - CNN ›
- About — Officer Deon Joseph ›