GOOD Holiday Gift Guide 2010
We'll be the first to admit it: Holiday gift guides are not in short supply. But while they tend to tout next generation smartphones, cable-knit cashmere throws, or SUVs tied in big red bows, we often find ourselves missing any true meaningful exchange. So in putting together our very first ever GOOD Holiday Gift Guide, we sought out cool stuff to be sure, but we turned to a handpicked list of GOOD folks for their unique gift ideas, unusual holiday traditions, and some decidedly un-consumery things to make or experience in lieu of a trip to the mall or a click of the mouse. Hugs, gold, and time—all popular choices. Happy Holidays!—Allison Arieff
Our team of experts:
- Charles Adler, Co-Founder, Kickstarter
- Ken Albala, Author, The Lost Art of Real Cooking
- Frances Anderton, Host, DnA: Design and Architecture, KCRW
- Dan Barber, Executive Chef and Co-Owner, Blue Hill
- Mark Frauenfelder, editor-in-chief of MAKE magazine and co-editor of Boing Boing
- Rob Forbes, PUBLIC Bikes
- Pavel Karamazov of the Flying Karamazov Brothers (aka Rod Kimball)
- Corby Kummer, food writer, The Atlantic
- Adam Lowry, co-founder and Chief Greenskeeper, Method
- Robin Petravic and Catherine Bailey, Co-owners of Heath Ceramics
- Ron Radziner, Principal, Marmol Radziner Architects
- Sonja Rasula, Unique LA
- Brian Rea, Artist/Illustrator
- Sarah Rich, Co-Founder Foodprint Project and Co-Founder, Longshot magazine
- Peter Smith, GOOD
- Robbie Vitrano, Co-Founder, Trumpet, New Orleans
- Federico de Vera, Boutique owner/Jewelry designer
Flint Resident Gives a First-Hand Account of the Water Crisis They’re being asked to pay for their poisoned water.
Some Women Are Campaigning for Bernie on Tinder Call it match-to-match canvassing.
Beyoncé Announces #BeyGood Campaign to Aid Children Affected by Flint Water Crisis Queen Bey’s philanthropic act follows Jay Z’s recent $1.5 million donation to Black Lives Matter.
How Much Do You Know About People Watching You Online? Take this quiz to test your spyware savvy #TruthandPowerRead more at›
A Sober Look at Driving High Operating a car on marijuana might not be as dangerous as drunk driving, but you still shouldn’t do it.
Usually, ‘Don’t Text and Drive’ Ads Are Kind of Hard to Watch Maybe this will save even one life?
The Book Radical Mycology Showcases the Amazing Power of Mushrooms Peter McCoy on how to cultivate fungi for food, environmental cleanup, and more.