GOOD Holiday Gift Guide 2010
We'll be the first to admit it: Holiday gift guides are not in short supply. But while they tend to tout next generation smartphones, cable-knit cashmere throws, or SUVs tied in big red bows, we often find ourselves missing any true meaningful exchange. So in putting together our very first ever GOOD Holiday Gift Guide, we sought out cool stuff to be sure, but we turned to a handpicked list of GOOD folks for their unique gift ideas, unusual holiday traditions, and some decidedly un-consumery things to make or experience in lieu of a trip to the mall or a click of the mouse. Hugs, gold, and time—all popular choices. Happy Holidays!—Allison Arieff
Our team of experts:
- Charles Adler, Co-Founder, Kickstarter
- Ken Albala, Author, The Lost Art of Real Cooking
- Frances Anderton, Host, DnA: Design and Architecture, KCRW
- Dan Barber, Executive Chef and Co-Owner, Blue Hill
- Mark Frauenfelder, editor-in-chief of MAKE magazine and co-editor of Boing Boing
- Rob Forbes, PUBLIC Bikes
- Pavel Karamazov of the Flying Karamazov Brothers (aka Rod Kimball)
- Corby Kummer, food writer, The Atlantic
- Adam Lowry, co-founder and Chief Greenskeeper, Method
- Robin Petravic and Catherine Bailey, Co-owners of Heath Ceramics
- Ron Radziner, Principal, Marmol Radziner Architects
- Sonja Rasula, Unique LA
- Brian Rea, Artist/Illustrator
- Sarah Rich, Co-Founder Foodprint Project and Co-Founder, Longshot magazine
- Peter Smith, GOOD
- Robbie Vitrano, Co-Founder, Trumpet, New Orleans
- Federico de Vera, Boutique owner/Jewelry designer
School To Parents: Give Us $100 And Your Kid Can Cut The Lunch Line Some parents were not amused by the offer of cafeteria VIP status.
In Honor Of Prince, Pantone Has Released The Artist’s Very Own Shade Of Purple The color was inspired by Prince’s custom purple piano.
Barack Obama Praised Chance The Rapper For His Charitable Efforts The 24-year-old has already raised millions for Chicago schools.
‘Tonight Show’ Host Jimmy Fallon Speaks Out About Trump And Charlottesville He’s been called “late-night’s least woke comedian.”
Why Is The ACLU Defending Nazis And The ‘Alt-Right’? When defending free speech means supressing the speech and safety of others.
The Women's March Will Host A Convention — For A Price Staging a revolution doesn’t come cheap apparently.