As the drums of impeachment beat louder and louder in Washington, D.C. over Donald Trump's alleged attempt to blackmail the president of Ukraine, the talking heads at Fox News are in full spin cycle.
Multiple reports claim that Trump attempted to extort Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky by withholding $400 million in military aid while demanding he call for an investigation into Hunter Biden, the son of Trump's likely Democratic opponent in the 2020 election, Joe Biden.
Hunter Biden was a paid board member of Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian gas company, while Joe Biden was Vice President.
Fox News has been spinning the story, claiming that Joe Biden is actually the one who tried to extort the country. They're also discrediting the whistleblower who brought the scandal to the attention of the Director of National Intelligence, saying they didn't have "firsthand knowledge" of Trump's call with Ukraine's president.
Sean Hannity says the story is the media's "rage-filled psychotic effort to smear President Trump."
However, Shepard Smith, one of the few Trump critics on a station that is the closest America has ever had to state-controlled TV, shut down all the conspiracies on Monday night.
"There is no known evidence that Joe Biden did anything wrong," Smith said. "The whole thing involved corruption in Ukraine. A corrupt prosecutor, who much of the world was pressuring the Ukraine to remove. Earlier this year the Ukrainian officials said there was no evidence of any wrongdoing by Joe Biden or his son, Hunter."
"The real issue here is a phone call," Smith continued. "The claim that the president pressured a foreign leader to investigate a political rival and the failure to pass the whistleblower complaint to Congress," Smith said on his show.
This isn't the first time Smith has ripped into Trump.
Earlier this month, Trump doctored a map from the NOAA to make it appear as though Alabama was going to be hit by a hurricane, just so he wouldn't appear wrong about a tweet. Smith called him out for it using his own insult, calling his actions "fake news defined."
When history is written about the Trump presidency, among the heroes will be the few brave Republicans and those in conservative media who had the guts to stand up against the president. While many on the right like to take pride in their patriotism, the ones who truly love America are those who put country before party and stood on the right side of history.
- More people watched the Democrats' rebuttal to Trump than his ... ›
- Politics - GOOD ›
- Whale Snot, Promoting at Random, and the Other Ig Nobel Winners ... ›
- Video: Obama Ruthlessly Roasts Donald Trump, Wins At White ... ›
- Bernie Sanders showed up to a Fox News town hall and completely ... ›
- Infographic: The Rise of E-Readers - GOOD ›
- This mild-mannered senator couldn't take anymore of Ted Cruz's ... ›
- What if Fox News covered Trump the way it covered Obama? It ... ›
- fox news shepard smith blasts trump hurricane ›
- A Fox News anchor ripped on Trump's hurricane map calling it 'fake ... ›
- Fox News called out Trump's big lie about Biden to his face and the president came up empty - GOOD ›
- Fox News Anchor Julie Banderas Rips Donald Trump For Ripping ... ›
- Fox News Anchor Rips Trump ›
- Cavuto: President Trump, Fox News doesn't work for you - YouTube ›
- [WATCH] Fox News Anchor Rebukes Donald Trump's Over Criticism ... ›
- Stephen Colbert rips CNN's Jim Acosta over press conference ... ›
- Fox News' Shepard Smith Rips Trump's Hurricane Dorian Blunder As ›
- Hurricane Dorian already stirring political storm as Dems rip Trump ... ›
- Fox News's Neil Cavuto rebukes Trump for slamming network: 'We ... ›
- Fox News anchor rips into Trump: 'We don't work for you' ›
- Trump talks about his conversation with Ukraine president, slams ... ›
- Cavuto to Trump: "I Don't Work For You"; "My Job Is To Cover You ... ›
- Mika Brzezinski to John Kerry: 'Why wouldn't you run' against Trump ... ›
- Fox News ›
- Biden's campaign likely coming to an end -- thanks to Clinton-linked ... ›
- Shep Smith Lays It Out For Fox News Viewers: The Issue Isn't Biden ... ›