Two-plus years after leaving the White House, Barack and Michelle Obama are the most admired man and woman in America.
YouGov recently released the results of a poll that asked thousands of Americans, "Thinking about people alive in the world today, which [man or woman] do you most admire?"
After creating a list of nominees, the pollsters then asked participants to select a few names from the list before choosing the person they most admire.
The numbers were combined into a percentage share of admiration, displayed to the right of each name in the graphic below. For the men, Barack Obama won 19.85% of the vote with Donald Trump at 11.5%, and Clint Eastwood at 7.47% rounding out the top three.
Other American political figures on the list include Joe Biden at number 6 (4.78%) and Bernie Sanders at 7 (4.66%).
Strangely, Vladimir Putin, the autocratic leader of Russia came in at number 15 with 0.89% of the vote.
On the women's side, Michelle Obama won by a large margin (15.37%) over number 2, Ruth Bader Ginsburg (10.43%), and number 3, Melania Trump (8.3%).
American female political figures who also made the list include Condoleezza Rice (5.21%) at 7, Hillary Clinton (4.46%) at 8, Nikki Haley (3.88%) at 9, and Ivanka Trump (2.89%) at 11.
Since leaving office, Barack Obama has kept a relatively low profile. He made a series of speeches in 2018 that put him back in the spotlight. One was a Eulogy at John McCain's funeral and the other was at the University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana, where he took veiled shots at President Trump.
"We're supposed to stand up to discrimination," Obama said. "And we're sure as heck supposed to stand up clearly and unequivocally to Nazi sympathizers. How hard can that be, saying that Nazis are bad?
In November 2017 he served jury duty.
OBAMA!Jury duty & I just shook hands with the best president ever!! #obama #Chicago #juryduty @BarackObama @POTUS44 @MichelleObama pic.twitter.com/OxdX2g2E0F
— Angel Martinez (@1992AngelM) November 8, 2017
It's believed that Barack will re-enter the political fray in 2020 to help the Democrats defeat Donald Trump.
Meanwhile, Michelle Obama has had an eventful time in her post-White House days. In 2018, she released "Becoming" and according to its publisher, Random House, it may become the best-selling memoir of all time.
Michelle backed up the book's release with a massive tour at arenas across the country.
- Obama's Former Photographer Is Trolling Trump In The Best Way ... ›
- arab protests ›
- Four More Years of Arne Duncan? That's the Last Thing our Schools ... ›
- Look Out, World - GOOD ›
- Obama's 8 Essential Sci-Fi Films and TV Shows - GOOD ›
- Read And Watch President Obama's Entire Farewell Speech - GOOD ›
- The Day a Race-Baiting TV Clown Hijacked the White House | GOOD ›
- How Obama And 'The World's Most Interesting Man' Have Quietly ... ›
- Barack Obama and Steph Curry have some great advice about ... ›
- Barack Obama And Hillary Clinton Were Just Named The 'Most ... ›
- Michelle Obama beats Hillary Clinton as most admired woman in ... ›
- Most Admired Man and Woman | Gallup Historical Trends ›
- Michelle Obama voted world's most admired woman - Big Think ›
- Michelle Obama passes Angelina Jolie as most admired woman ... ›
- Gallup: The Obamas are America's most admired man and woman ... ›
- New Poll Names Michelle Obama Most Admired Woman, President ... ›
- Michelle Obama named 2019's most admired woman in the world in ... ›
- Michelle Obama named America's most admired woman in Gallup ... ›
- Michelle Obama wins America's 'Most Admired Woman' in Gallup poll ›
- Obamas Top the Trumps as America's Most Admired People ... ›
- The Obamas dominate as the most admired people in the U.S. ›