Woman’s bikini shot and caption become a manifesto on self-acceptance.
She has no interest in changing her body.
This article originally appeared on 08.18.19
When Molly Galbraith posted on Facebook a photo of herself on a beach in a bikini, her caption wasn't your usual “look at me" selfie.
"This not a before picture. This is not an after picture," she writes.
Based in Lexington, Kentucky, Galbraith is the owner and co-founder of Girls Gone Strong, a company that seeks to provide fitness solutions and community not influenced by the juggernaut, multi-billion dollar weight loss industry, and in her caption for the Facebook post, she creating a litany of what her body has experienced and withstood. “This is a body that loves protein and vegetables and queso and ice cream. This is a body that loves bent presses and pull-ups and deadlifts and sleep. This is a body that has been abused with fast food and late nights and stress. This body has been publicly evaluated, judged, and criticized."
Galbraith's list goes on, and, so far, the image and caption have spread like wildfire across Facebook, inspiring many others.
“This is the first year in as long as I can remember that I have made NO resolutions to change the way my body looks," writes Galbraith. “Today this is a body that is loved, adored, and cherished by the only person whose opinion matters — ME."
Want to share this article on Facebook? Just copy and paste this link:
- GOOD ›
- Fitness blogger going viral for exposing the difference between real ... ›
- These Australian Target Ads Feature Full-Figured Women in Lingerie ›
- Photographer Laura Aguilar Illuminates The Lives, And Bodies, Of ... ›
- Expectant Mother Says She Was Fired After Body-Positive Photo ... ›
- How I Learned To Love My Body As A Female Athlete | GOOD Sports ›
- Gold-Medalist Michelle Carter Brings Body Positivity To The Olympics ›
- 10 Positive Body Image Media Moments - GOOD ›
- Target's New Swimwear Campaign Is Body-Positive And Photoshop ... ›
- In a powerful speech about body positivity, 'Riverdale' star Lili ... ›
- How the Body-Positive Movement Has Continued to Evolve | Shape ›
- Body positivity - Urban Dictionary ›
- Why the Body Positivity Movement is Turning Some People Off ... ›
- Opinion | The Problem With Body Positivity - The New York Times ›
- What Is The Body Positive Movement? - YouTube ›
- Body Positivity Is a Scam - Vox ›
- FAQ ›
- What Does Body Positivity Actually Mean? | Psychology Today ›
- Welcome to The Body Positive ›
- Body positivity - Wikipedia ›